collapse

Author Topic: NEVER PEG A SMALL MINERS CLAIM IN QUEENSLAND  (Read 27260 times)

pc bowe

• ALF'er Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NEVER PEG A SMALL MINERS CLAIM IN QUEENSLAND
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2016, 11:12:49 PM »
How to oppose it.
https://www.ehp.qld.gov.au/land/mining/pdf/endangered-regional-ecosystems-em1588.pdf
Undertaking Environmentally Relevant Activities in or near endangered regional ecosystems.

Wonder who made the initial application?

pc bowe

• ALF'er Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2016, 11:15:33 PM »
Something wrong with my last link.
Just google the description.

Nigel.

Lefty

• ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2016, 04:44:47 AM »
The I received a reply on  another forum from a person who says he received a phone call from the DMNR telling him that his active claim in another part of the gemfields now falls within an ERE and can no longer be recognised.
[/size]
Lefty, can you say where this other part of the gemfields is?

Hi Sioux.

There is a sizable chunk that stretches much of the way between Sapphire and Rubyvale on the western side of the road. It looks like it would be mostly the area that has been dug over by the machinery miners.

There is another section to the east of Rubyvale, east of the Tomahawk creek road.

Then there is a smaller section north of the bank of Retreat creek between Sapphire and the Anakie turnoff. It could be around Graves Hill but it's hard to be sure.

That's all he has sent me but there is obviously one around the Willows since that's where this bloke says the DMNR have told him his claim is now null and void. If it's the vegetation type I'm thinking of  - brigalow - I assume it would go through Glenalva as well but you can't peg claims there anyway and should still be allowed to fossick. I think there are a few old working claims in Glenalva though.

Lefty

• ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2016, 04:50:41 AM »
Leah, my home email system is different from the work one but it does not recognise your email address as valid either.

If anyone wants these maps, pm me your email address and I will try to forward them to you.

Cheers

Aussie Sapphire

• Administrator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
    • Aussie Sapphire
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2016, 07:52:25 AM »
Leah, my home email system is different from the work one but it does not recognise your email address as valid either.

If anyone wants these maps, pm me your email address and I will try to forward them to you.

Cheers

Not sure what email you used but info@aussiesapphire.com.au is valid and constantly receiving emails.

All contact details on our website at the Contact Us page.

cheers
Leah
Aussie Sapphire - The Lapidary Warehouse

Lefty

• ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2016, 08:38:36 AM »
Hi Leah - you have to remember I'm not tech-savvy....I thought it strange that your address was given as info AT aussiesapphire.com.au :)

I'll try to get someone to show me how to forward from this system today. I forwarded the maps to the bloke whose claim has been affected over at the Willows.

I emailed the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection this morning, contact details given to me by the Emerald Mining Registrar. I gave them my application numbers, outlined what has occurred and asked them what this particular plant or plants were and how they determined the border of an ERE. Hopefully they will respond.

Sioux

• ALF'er Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2016, 09:22:26 AM »
Thanks Lefty. We have a couple of claims at Divide so it sounds like they may be safe for now.

Aussie Sapphire

• Administrator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
    • Aussie Sapphire
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2016, 09:27:34 AM »
Sorry lefty - people often do that to prevent the spam bots from grabbing a valid address.

AT = @    -  it is a common way to "hide" your email from the spambots.

Ours is pretty much out there anyway so it doesnt matter so much for us but I am in the habit of doing it anyway when posting it in a public place because it is just a small way of protecting your address from spammers.

cheers
Leah

snappa

• ALF'er Gold Member
  • Sapphire Miner
    • View Profile
    • OffShore Fishing
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2016, 11:20:37 AM »
my claim is in the buffer zone and because i applied and granted a EA and can stay on my claim and dig
also the EA is transfer to the next holder if i wished to sell
gary i guess yours would be the same.

i will digging for the month of june and again for august most likely see you out there???

snappa
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 11:26:33 AM by snappa »
Check out my Album ..

Lefty

• ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2016, 12:02:39 PM »
Thanks Lefty. We have a couple of claims at Divide so it sounds like they may be safe for now.

Hopefully Sioux. I didn't receive a map showing Divide and Middle Ridge I think but I'll check again.

Lefty

• ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2016, 12:05:57 PM »
Sorry lefty - people often do that to prevent the spam bots from grabbing a valid address.

AT = @    -  it is a common way to "hide" your email from the spambots.

Ours is pretty much out there anyway so it doesnt matter so much for us but I am in the habit of doing it anyway when posting it in a public place because it is just a small way of protecting your address from spammers.

cheers
Leah

Thanks Leah.

I now know where the forward function is on this system but it doesn't matter now because I've just discovered that out of the several emails I've now received, the one with the maps is still on my computer at home and has not been forwarded here, so I can't do anything until late this arvo <dunce cap>

Lefty

• ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2016, 12:20:36 PM »
my claim is in the buffer zone and because i applied and granted a EA and can stay on my claim and dig
also the EA is transfer to the next holder if i wished to sell
gary i guess yours would be the same.

i will digging for the month of june and again for august most likely see you out there???

snappa

That sounds about right. You can dig in the buffer zone which extends 500 metres from the edge of the ERE but not within the ERE itself - my applications and a number of active claims (unsure how many yet) have ended up partially or wholly within the actual ERE.

While it's of no immediate consequence (and too late for me anyway), I would submit to the department that no further extensions be made to the ERE within the designated fossicking lands. It's likely that the vegetation community protected by the ERE will continue to spread outwards as plants tend to do when they are in a favourable environment - a claim pegged today within the buffer zone may be surrounded by this vegetation type by the time the end of the tenure is approaching. No phone call yet from Environment and Heritage protection so I still don't know what this plant is but if it's a Brigalow, I seem to recall that it has the ability to spread by lignotubers - "rootsuckers" in lay terms. These can reach significant size much more rapidly than seedlings. It's why Brigalow keeps regrowing back in the same spots after graziers scrub-push it.

I'm sure Environment and Heritage would happily keep extending the ERE if satellite mapping showed the plant had extended outwards from it's current boundaries but we can't allow it to eventually swallow up our designated mining areas

drft_er

• ALF'er Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2016, 12:38:48 PM »
Gday Pete
Have about 6 days start of may and 2 weeks in June
Will see you out there
Cheers
Garry
I Guess Ill keep Diggin or Fishing Hmmm or Golfing. There's just not enough hours in a day!!

Aussie Sapphire

• Administrator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
    • Aussie Sapphire
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2016, 04:56:42 PM »
The two maps and a pdf of the ESA have now been put in the Downloads section (in Miscellaneous category).

Click here:  http://aussielapidaryforum.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;cat=4

Click on each of the 3 items and click on the file name to download to your computer.

Hope this helps those interested in where the boundaries of these zones are.

Cheers
Leah

Lefty

• ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2016, 04:59:31 PM »
Thanks Leah and Andrew - hopefully that will help a few people.

Cheers

BTW - still no response from Environment and Heritage.

Tags: Pink Area mining 

* Sponsor

HTML Online Editor Sample

ALF is hosted by Aussie Sapphire as a free service to the Lapidary community.

Visit our website here
Phone 1800 50 21 40
Or find us on Facebook

Recent Activities

Illegal mining near Inverell by Jimnyjerry
[November 29, 2020, 12:40:03 AM]

Areas now Closed in Nth NSW.. by Gemster
[November 28, 2020, 11:37:27 PM]

The Photo-Atlas of Minerals - Version 2 by RoughCreations
[November 27, 2020, 01:34:50 PM]

Buying a slab saw by Dihusky
[November 26, 2020, 04:32:32 PM]