collapse

Linked Events

• Minerama Fossicking, Gem & Jewellery Show: March 10, 2017 - March 12, 2017

Author Topic: Minerama Fossicking, Gem & Jewellery Show  (Read 35335 times)

GLEN VIC

• ALF'er Silver Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Minerama Fossicking, Gem & Jewellery Show
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2017, 09:53:42 AM »
Thanks everyone for the input and updates.

TV starts Mon with Ads being screened Newcastle/Hunter to the Gold Coast, New England North West and Toowoomba Darling Downs.
Social Media has been running beginning of Feb....will provide stats during the week.
270,000 impression header ads on Run of Adventure Group Holdings websites which includes Caravan World, Camper Trailer Australia, The Wanderer, Trade RV's, Turu and Travelin
Email Advertising 70,800 to subscribers to the above magazines.

Later this week a mail out to all Schools from Stanthorpe to Tamworth and  Grafton/Coffs to Moree about Discovery Program in the Board Room with UNE Palaeontology, Geosciences and Earth's History Departments. Next year UNE have indicated they will bring up their Discovery Bus so we can start a few days earlier and encourage more schools to attend.

Peter

Aussie Sapphire

• Administrator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
    • Aussie Sapphire
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2017, 10:34:39 AM »
Thanks everyone for the input and updates.

TV starts Mon with Ads being screened Newcastle/Hunter to the Gold Coast, New England North West and Toowoomba Darling Downs.
Social Media has been running beginning of Feb....will provide stats during the week.
270,000 impression header ads on Run of Adventure Group Holdings websites which includes Caravan World, Camper Trailer Australia, The Wanderer, Trade RV's, Turu and Travelin
Email Advertising 70,800 to subscribers to the above magazines.

Later this week a mail out to all Schools from Stanthorpe to Tamworth and  Grafton/Coffs to Moree about Discovery Program in the Board Room with UNE Palaeontology, Geosciences and Earth's History Departments. Next year UNE have indicated they will bring up their Discovery Bus so we can start a few days earlier and encourage more schools to attend.

Peter

Thanks Peter - all great stuff.  Along with informal promotion by members, clubs and on various facebook groups, I dont see how much more can be done.

Great idea with the UNE bus and getting schools involved for future ideas.  I know we tried this angle when we were involved with not much success - there was one particular public school teacher who always brought kids down but when she retired, the interest disappeared.  I know there is heaps of relevant stuff in the curriculum that can really work well for schools though so would be good to have another go at it.  The kids really loved attending and quite a few of the traders commented that it would often result in a repeat visit with families on the weekend. Getting UNE on board may just be the extra thing needed to get the schools interested in attending.

cheers
Leah
Aussie Sapphire - The Lapidary Warehouse

Gemster

• ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2017, 11:38:26 AM »
Well done Peter... You do a lot of Advertising that I didn't know about.... The ideas that you guys are coming up with will only boost the Event..... Next Year could you send me say 50 Flyers and I will pass them around to the Shops/ People that I know up here.... I printed off a bit from Minerama website to hand to a few up here and the response was "More Please"
 Well Done Peter... beers

Gemster..... beers
I swing a 12-pound hammer,smash gibbers by the ton
I used to think it convict work,but now i think it's FUN

Lord_Thunda

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2017, 12:10:56 PM »
Excellent news Peter  beers  Getting kids involved encourages the younger generation to get interested & they have an unlimited number they can let know about it using social media. Having UNE involved too will be awesome. Is IMPARJA TV being used for advertising too? Since TV changed to digital many people around here had to install a satellite so we dont get local news any more but adds from Alice Springs, Townsville, Mt Isa etc. so that would provide an even bigger audience. I know it used to be advertised on there years ago but cost was a major factor.
Having the Discovery bus come early next year is there any thoughts to running more field trips a day or 2 earlier too? Even if there were say 2 trips on the Tues / Wed before 3 trips on Thurs - Sat would increase the number of fossickers attending. Most major Gem Shows dont have field trips so it entices people to come if they can explore the local area & get onto places usually closed to the public.

GLEN VIC

• ALF'er Silver Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2017, 02:09:42 PM »
SAT 11TH MAR - ADULT Field Trip 7: “Crossmaglen”  9 Trips of 40 left online - Balance for walk-ups
FRI 10TH MARCH - ADULT Field Trip 6: Rosemeadow (New Site)  15 of 40 left online - Balance for walk-ups
SAT 11 MAR - ADULT Field Trip 9: Sheep Station Creek (New Site) 20 of 40 left online - Balance for walks-ups

MrSydney

• ALF'er Platinum
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2017, 10:32:36 AM »
Yes - good work!

Aussie Sapphire

• Administrator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
    • Aussie Sapphire
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2017, 11:26:39 AM »
Is IMPARJA TV being used for advertising too? Since TV changed to digital many people around here had to install a satellite so we dont get local news any more but adds from Alice Springs, Townsville, Mt Isa etc. so that would provide an even bigger audience.

TV advertising is really expensive so you have to consider likely return on the investment.  It is usually more cost effective if you run a campaign in our traditional catchment area for visitors otherwise you are spending a lot of money on advertising to people who are never likely to actually visit here.  Advertising on TV to areas within easy travelling distance makes it more likely that people will see an advert and then act on it to plan a trip.

Have to try and catch the potential visitors that are further afield with more targeted advertising via social media, direct mailouts, etc.

Cheers
Leah

Aussie Sapphire - The Lapidary Warehouse

Lord_Thunda

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2017, 05:39:25 PM »
I was in today & the Imparja situation came up a few years ago. They used to give FREE advertising but changed it. It was indeed the cost that made it impossible to use. Being on satellite means we dont get any local news so we are on a total blackout here. Not sure if any other means could be utilized that wasnt already being used.

nuggethill

• ALF'er Silver Member
  • A friends find
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2017, 11:31:40 PM »
This will be my first time at Minerama I've also booked trips 6 & 7 , do they have a 3 day pass to the event
or will I have to pay every day to enter
regards Harry

Jimnyjerry

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
  • balts pingvins
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2017, 11:38:11 PM »
Harry.
To go into the show is free.
Only the field trips cost.
 :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

nuggethill

• ALF'er Silver Member
  • A friends find
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2017, 04:30:08 PM »
Thanks JJ already paid for the field trips and booked accommodation
just look for the bloke that looks like a beach ball LOL
thanks again
Cheers

Jimnyjerry

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
  • balts pingvins
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2017, 06:08:13 PM »
Thanks JJ already paid for the field trips and booked accommodation
just look for the bloke that looks like a beach ball LOL
thanks again
Cheers
;D Got to lose girth again myself.  ;D
Will try to look out for you.
 beers Jerry
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

FlashGP

• ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2017, 07:13:01 PM »
I was in today & the Imparja situation came up a few years ago. They used to give FREE advertising but changed it. It was indeed the cost that made it impossible to use. Being on satellite means we dont get any local news so we are on a total blackout here. Not sure if any other means could be utilized that wasnt already being used.

Lord Thunda

Some of the lapidary clubs are collecting mobile phone numbers on their raffle tickets and at the gate and sending an SMS  reminder for the next show.

You would need to have a tick box 'Please send me a reminder for next year's show' sothey give permission for the contact.  The Privacy Act may not apply to  not for profit organisations who do not run busineses (I haven't checked) but it is polite to ask.  If it does apply you at least have permission, but you may have to include info on how to opt out and advise they don't want an SMS.

Regards
Gordon
Yours Sincerely
Flash (Gordon)

Lord_Thunda

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2017, 08:25:28 PM »
G'day Gordon
When I advertise any gem shows I always send emails to Lapidary Clubs & its usually the secretaries that is listed on most websites. Not having dependable mobile service here, I dont even have a "smart phone" & wouldnt know how to run it even if we had service here.
To get the word out, every means should be utilised from printed brochures to posters to social media to SMS to radio, TV & newspaper adds to magazines as well as word of mouth. Once you get people here for their first time, you need to keep their interest & make sure they are looked after to ensure they return each year & make sure they tell all their friends how much fun they had.

Gemster

• ALF'er VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2017, 09:46:34 PM »
You do have reliable Mobile phone reception Lord T... You are just with the wrong Carrier..
 Perfect reception with Optus at your place.. on my Phone :D

I had a google... 3G and 4G with Optus at Emmaville.... 4G only with Telstra at Emmaville...
 You may have to upgrade your Phone to a 4G Phone... means a new(later model) Phone im afraid ::)

Gemster.... beers
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 10:49:26 PM by Gemster »
I swing a 12-pound hammer,smash gibbers by the ton
I used to think it convict work,but now i think it's FUN

Tags:

* Sponsor

HTML Online Editor Sample

ALF is hosted by Aussie Sapphire as a free service to the Lapidary community.

Visit our website here
Phone 1800 50 21 40
Or find us on Facebook

Recent Activities

Gemmasta GFE3 Re-alignemet by REXL
[May 31, 2020, 08:55:19 PM]

Facet design wanted by Moth
[May 31, 2020, 06:50:44 PM]

Andrew Brown Prize -Australian Facetors Guild 2020 Annual Comp by MakkyBrown
[May 31, 2020, 08:52:41 AM]

New laps review by Giel
[May 30, 2020, 03:20:57 PM]

Emerald Cuts, any tips? by Faceting Frank
[May 29, 2020, 07:58:45 AM]

Vibralap information or experience or advice wanted by Marra Mamba
[May 28, 2020, 09:03:30 AM]

Gemmasta 4 faceting machine water issue by hithwentinuviel
[May 26, 2020, 01:56:39 PM]

Concave Cutter by FlashGP
[May 25, 2020, 07:08:57 AM]

Home made faceting machine, transfer jig and dop sticks by Ghost
[May 24, 2020, 08:11:39 AM]

Resurfacing polishing laps by MakkyBrown
[May 17, 2020, 09:23:12 PM]

Number of wheels in a car by pc bowe
[May 16, 2020, 08:22:45 AM]

Hello from the central coast, NSW , austraila by The Aussie Boy
[May 15, 2020, 08:52:48 AM]

* Calendar

June 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
[1] 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.
Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 59
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Find us on Facebook

* Forum Stats

• stats Total Members: 4276
  • stats Total Posts: 55880
  • stats Total Topics: 5955
  • stats Total Categories: 6
  • stats Total Boards: 27