collapse

Author Topic: Laqmbert 2  (Read 4834 times)

wes 2143

• ALF'er Bronze Member
Laqmbert 2
« on: November 04, 2019, 10:33:07 AM »
I have been chasing my stones that I sent to lamberts late last year and finally had an invoice sent on the first of October. I paid the same day that I received the invoice, now after six enquiries about dispatch they sent me an email, Quote1(thank you very much for your understanding. The process of sending out gems is getting more and more complicated. We will try our best to ship out stones to all customers.)
Does anyone know what their problem is?

swirly

• ALF'er Gold Member
Re: Laqmbert 2
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 05:03:49 PM »
yes they have become very slack,i waited over a year for my last lot to come back.im still waiting for two more lots to be returned.they will be my last.ps; the have increased their cutting prices but not their service.

tunneler

• ALF'er Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 03:56:14 PM »
I write to update you on the delays Lambert is experiencing with the cutting of many of your stones.  We have now been in business for 52 years and Honesty is always the best policy.

Unfortunately, Lambert lost (he passed) one of our best cutters in the last few months, it was a tough time for us and we expected our other cutters to "Pick up the slack".  Unfortunately competition has become quite fierce for cutters these days and soon thereafter, we lost several younger faceters to increased competition.  This together has created the "perfect storm" at Lambert cutting and our delays are sadly running 4-6 months right now.  This is unacceptable for us and we know it is of concern to our customers.   

Please understand that in the last 12 years since I took over Lambert, Thailand has grown a middle class and Southeast Asia is building and growing everywhere. The internet has shown everyone what is out there in the world.  The Apprentice model of younger adults learning from their parents a trade, is no longer viable.  The youth today would like an I-Phone, a job at a shopping mall, or any work to leave their small villages and get into a larger city.  They no longer want to sit at a cutting wheel day in and day out.  This means that we are hiring from a much smaller pool of labour then ever before and it is not easy.   

That all said, Lambert has begun hiring new staff.  We are VERY careful with this as not only must they have experience, they must have verifiable references and longevity in past positions.   Please be assured, your stones are safe, they are all weighed, numbered, photographed and counted.  They are in our cue which should begin to wane in the coming month as all goes to plan.   

If you cannot wait anymore for your stones and it is urgent, You are welcome to contact us and we will return your stones to you, or put you on a priority line as many customers are ok with getting their stones later.  I just felt it important to provide a reliable update as to why things are taking so long.  Lambert is alive and well, just working with Thailand's growing pains.   

Lambert continues to be open for all business.  Elsbeth and Team are designing some of the most Beautiful Jewelry ever and we have some incredible colored stones just in from Africa.  Thanking all our customers for your patience with us and we are hopeful our cutting will be back on track very soon. We will keep you appraised.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.   

Kind Regards,

Eric Forbes
Managing Director
Lambert Industries Ltd.
posted by a member back in march.
friends have been waiting over a year now.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 04:00:41 PM by tunneler »

Sparklebug

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 12:17:51 PM »
I sent some stone at the end of July this yr and was notified in October that they are ready. I paid for them and am now waiting for them to arrive. I was told they will take 25 - 30 days to arrive..

Recent Activities

Faceting machine head assembly. by Faceting Frank
[April 17, 2024, 12:26:26 PM]

New mast and quill assembly by Rusted
[April 17, 2024, 10:06:30 AM]

Save the Gemfields. by pc bowe
[April 17, 2024, 04:41:41 AM]

Victorian Copper Minerals by Manficat
[April 16, 2024, 03:44:27 PM]

Fitting a facet design to a piece of rough by RoughCreations
[April 10, 2024, 06:17:37 PM]

The illusion of cubes by RoughCreations