collapse

Author Topic: CONCAVE CUTTING ATTACHMENT  (Read 5909 times)

Faceting Frank

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er Platinum
Re: CONCAVE CUTTING ATTACHMENT
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2020, 04:24:12 PM »

Faceting Frank

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2020, 04:30:12 PM »
Getting the hang of it. That was cropped in Picasa photo viewer and then doubled in size in Paint, so the picture size went from 80kb to 232kb.
Need to increase the size of the text in the drawing.

Just noticed some blank space has been stuck on the left side, but will work on it. May start another thread just for posting drawing tryout's till I get it right, rather than cluttering this thread up.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 04:40:32 PM by Faceting Frank »

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2020, 01:57:20 PM »
Hi Frank,

this information is likely to be of great interest to many people.

When you have finished getting all the drawings and instructions together and are happy with it all, you might think about putting it all in one separate thread or uploaded as a single pdf file.  Obviously your choice how you want to publish but we can make it a sticky topic to make it easier for people to find.  Remember if you do put it in a pdf file to attach your name to it as a footer or something similar so you retain ownership and copyright as this stuff can be copied and sent far and wide.

Cheers
Leah

Aussie Sapphire - The Lapidary Warehouse

Faceting Frank

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2020, 07:36:41 PM »
Your right about this thread needing to be reposted after I've finished A S. Should have sorted the drawing size posts before I started.

I've got a lot more to post about it, I want to proved detailed info on how to make every part and where to purchase the components. Don't have any interest in copyright.

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2020, 06:33:33 AM »
Don't have any interest in copyright.

Even if you intend to post the information for the benefit of others with no intention of monetary profit to yourself, I always think you should at least make sure your work is credited to you - that is only fair.

cheers
Leah

Faceting Frank

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2020, 09:20:12 AM »
Point taken. I will put it all together on my PC, text, pictures, drawings, in a building sequence that I'm happy with. Then post the whole lot on a new thread in one hit. That way its all together and can easily be followed. Not sure on how I go about claiming copyright and have never written anything in pdf format. So will just stick to posting to a thread.

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2020, 06:03:32 PM »
Point taken. I will put it all together on my PC, text, pictures, drawings, in a building sequence that I'm happy with. Then post the whole lot on a new thread in one hit. That way its all together and can easily be followed. Not sure on how I go about claiming copyright and have never written anything in pdf format. So will just stick to posting to a thread.

No problems.  I or Andrew can help with putting together IF you decide you want to. Also really valuable to post it in a thread here as well.

For pdf, just needs to be put together in a Word document or similar - it can then easily be saved as a pdf with your name in the footer - an author's name is all that is required to retain copyright of your work.  By saving it as a pdf, it makes it slightly less easy for others to modify in ways that you might not want.  Of course, a thread here allows others to contribute as well which helps the overall knowledge base.

cheers
Leah

Dihusky

• ALF'er Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2020, 06:46:07 PM »

Write the whole thing in a word document, once completed hit print then look at the print menu, you'll see your printer probably at the top of the list, move down and you'll see 'Print to PDF' or similar, select this and confirm print, you'll then be asked where you want to save, pick the folder, name the document and let the process happen. You will now have a PDF file of the word document. Save the word document in case you want to edit later as you can't edit PDFs

Faceting Frank

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2020, 07:20:11 PM »
Saving a word document to PDF is not the problem, its putting the text, pictures, CAD drawings all in one file that is.
The text, pictures and drawings must be in sequence, so that they are relevant to each other as you read through it all.
That is beyond my comprehension.

FlashGP

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2020, 10:12:30 PM »
Hi Frank,

One easy way is to create a two column table, put your text in one column and paste your pictures in the second column.  Start a new row for each step in the sequence. 

It is not as refined as flowing thevtext around the pictures, but a hell of a lot easier to use.

An easy way to add CAD drawings is to open them on screen, then use a Windows utility called Snip Tool.  It comes with windows and taked screen shots which you then paste directly into word as you would a picture.

You'll end up with a big file, but once you have adjusted the size of each screenshot or picture,  highlight it and using the picture tools tab select compress picture, the square icon with 4 arrows pointing inwards on the left hand end of the ribbon.  This will discard the un-needed parts of the picture in Word, leaving your original unharmed,  and reduce your file size.

Regards Gordon
Yours Sincerely
Flash (Gordon)

Faceting Frank

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2020, 07:08:36 AM »
I'm putting it all together so I can post it in a new thread. probably about six posts one after another with pictures and drawings included.

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2020, 07:04:19 AM »
I'm putting it all together so I can post it in a new thread. probably about six posts one after another with pictures and drawings included.

Great info - thanks for posting.

cheers
Leah

Recent Activities

Nundle - Fossicking Access to the Peel River by opal light
[Today at 10:07:16 AM]

Blue Hills quarry and Sapphire bend access at Oberon by opal light
[Today at 09:46:26 AM]

Armidale to Tenterfield by Bucket
[March 28, 2024, 02:40:56 PM]

Recently cut gems (AB Facet Designs) by mehoose