collapse

Author Topic: O'briens Ck  (Read 8196 times)

mehoose

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
Re: O'briens Ck
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2022, 11:28:55 PM »
he comes to ours and fossicks for opal.

Pardon? <polite ... Say wot, when did this happen you sneaky ....er < not quite so polite
Keep em comin!!!

Jimnyjerry

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
  • balts pingvins
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2022, 05:56:58 PM »
congratulations on getting an opal mine Dom  beers
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

dom105

• ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2022, 04:42:45 PM »
The opal mine is old hat, have had it for 5 - 6 yrs now. We're classified as locals.
I've given a number of clues over the years but no one twigged.

mehoose

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2022, 09:35:48 PM »
The opal mine is old hat, have had it for 5 - 6 yrs now. We're classified as locals.
I've given a number of clues over the years but no one twigged.

Well, I'll have to be on more than I have been so I don't miss anymore clues...like you've really got a sapphire lease as well, not just someone you're chummy with! ;p

How is it working out for you? Or is the armchair fossicking by the missus still winning!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 09:37:30 PM by mehoose »
Keep em comin!!!

dom105

• ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2022, 09:37:17 AM »
Well, Mehoose as sharp as ever I see. But this time you're over thinking it.
No, I dont have a saphire lease and yes I did meet a guy in Emerald with a lease. In fact we bonded over fish and chips.
The ''missus'' would love an armchair to sit in and read her book, but I can't get one up the jumpups, so a simple camp chair has to suffice. On the first day she found two nice bits of topaz before settling down with a cup of tea and a good book and I think that's a fair effort considering my mate found zero bits of topaz.
How are you by the way?

mehoose

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2022, 10:03:12 AM »
Hey Dom, you have a massive sized post there. Is there meant to be an image showing?

LOL, now that is an Aussie bonding..will last a life time.  :P
Glad to see she hasn't lost her touch! LOL, Brilliant, she's all class and meant in the best way possible. love it.

Me, finally a Grandie!!!!
Been through some tough moments but I'm still here.
I think the sparkly cycle is returning for good...yayyyyy!!!!
I might have to swing over to the good ole sandpaper and leather malarky for awhile to get back into things but that's fine. (there's some family logistics that need sorting, I think it's sorted(need to make a few phone calls in a minute) I might still need to let something go, time will tell). Never rains but it pours.
I have a few small pieces of white and I might have a bit of turquoise somewhere that I could try as well.

I think I've closed the chapter on Jewellery. If I ever did go that route again, it would purely be the non fitting items, pendants, earring etc. Definitely no commission work.
I have to keep reminding myself, I can't do everything...buuuut... I've also just started making Mohair teddy bears. I'm, testing the waters there, who knows if it will become my other thing.
I know I need a couple of interests so I can give the wrist and finger muscles a change but the hook and 2 sticks(crochet and knitting) are finally starting to wane.
Crikey, it's like a 7 year itch with me and my interests.  heh.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 10:04:59 AM by mehoose »
Keep em comin!!!

dom105

• ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2022, 01:05:49 PM »

Actually, it was a picture of Lesley sitting on her massive armchair and holding a HUGE topaz, I guess the topaz was too big for the post.Hey, sounds like you've been through the ringer.
Actually, would you believe Lesley is knitting jumpers for farmers lambs. She gets together with a group of women every week, who knows what's next, maybe a jumper for me?
Actually our oldest grandie is 11 yrs old and wants to go fossicking. Next year I think.

mehoose

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2022, 10:32:41 AM »
🤣 Silly me! Of course I should have realised it was Lesley in her massive chair.  ;D now Dom, do I need to remind you of the second blue promise? 😇 :P
OMBOB!!! 😂🐏😂 LOL, can't find a jumper icon... that's brilliant. Is she on ravelry?
Nawww Dom, are you feeling left out? LOL, think my OH is as well with all the grandie makes happening.
I can't believe it's 11 years already!  :o I just had to look up how long I've been a member..strewth..and awol for a good number of years so I didn't lose the love..I can't believe I've still made the most number of posts!  ;D
That's exciting. Will you take grandie opal hunting or hunting for the facet material? they'd have to be getting close to the age where they can start cabbing at a club.

Keep em comin!!!

dom105

• ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2022, 02:38:16 PM »
Hi M
I'm not sure as to whether you got the jist of my previous posts, but this year was pretty slim pickings due to the new car not being able to make it up the jumpups. We'll the car made it but it scraped a number of times freaking Lesley out. I got a little over a dozen clear topaz crystals, again nothing to write home about, no blues whatsoever.
I can send you some clears?
My mate got zippo and Lesley found two and that's for about 30hrs of hard digging. Lots of people have been there since we were there last (about 11 years)
Don't worry, we'll be going again.
'As well as all the grandie makes happening' - Are we talking more than one?

C

mehoose

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2022, 04:31:34 PM »
Yep, got the gist, just having a friendly dig.  :-* Noooo, don't send me anything. I need to wait until things resolve and whether I need to sell my machine.
Maybe if I'd been cranking out the gems instead of cranking out the woolens I wouldn't be in this spot. That's life.Fingers crossed it all pans out but there could be tough days ahead yet with possible day trips to Canberra to see my mum.
Ahhh, just the one. Our little miracle and she turned one a few months back. I could do with a grandie hug about now so I might need a day trip.
Mate, I know we want to share and spread the gem bug but between forums like this and the gem shows on telly, it can create a bit of a feeding frenzy. I hope you have better luck next time, Just tell Lesley to sit down and do her thing. 🤣
Keep em comin!!!

Ranger Itchy

• ALF'er Gold Member
  • "A GOOD DAY IS WHEN YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING"
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2022, 06:05:32 AM »
Hi dom105,

If your new BT50 is scraping it's belly it sounds like you need a 2 inch lift.
I have an 09 Ranger with a 2 inch lift and went up the jump ups back in June with no scraping what so ever!

Cheers Ranger Itchy beers
A great man once said "NEVER APOLIGIZE IT'S A SIGN OF WEAKNESS"
I don't mind being weak occasionally!!!!

dom105

• ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2022, 11:12:22 PM »
Hi Itchy
The  vehicle has a lift already, what was scraping was the lower rear shock mounts which are about level with the bottom of the diff. Personally it didn't worry me, however it freaked out the missus who is used to going up in the Patrol.

Ranger Itchy

• ALF'er Gold Member
  • "A GOOD DAY IS WHEN YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING"
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2022, 05:46:28 AM »
Hi dom,

If your lower shock mounts were scraping, what were you doing? driving IN the wheel rutts that were washed out?

Cheers Ranger Itchy beers
A great man once said "NEVER APOLIGIZE IT'S A SIGN OF WEAKNESS"
I don't mind being weak occasionally!!!!

dom105

• ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2022, 11:01:31 PM »
It's just dawned on me, what I should have bought was a Ranger with a 2 inch lift instead of a BT50 with poor clearance, then I wouldn't have any problems getting up the jumpups.
Or maybe kept the Patrol that went up the jumpups without a problem for about 15 years.
Anyway who cares I'll be back next year for some more scraping.

Jimnyjerry

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
  • balts pingvins
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2022, 02:22:47 AM »
Dom105 I may even see you up there if our traveling times overlap  beers
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Recent Activities

Victorian Sapphires by Alaskan
[Today at 09:14:05 PM]

The Next Big Trip by Jimnyjerry
[Today at 06:56:45 PM]

Flinders Island 2024 by Jimnyjerry
[Today at 06:53:36 PM]

Tomahawk creek by MakkyBrown
[Today at 11:11:53 AM]

Fitting a facet design to a piece of rough by Alaskan
[Today at 11:10:32 AM]

Green tourmaline set in a cast 10Kt yellow gold ring by RoughCreations
[May 16, 2024, 01:27:37 PM]

How to figure platform height for the handpiece, while reading diagrams by Faceting Frank
[May 16, 2024, 10:41:17 AM]

Vale Woofa by MrSydney
[May 07, 2024, 10:12:47 AM]

Resin-bonded scissor-grinding lap by RoughCreations
[May 05, 2024, 04:52:12 PM]

Nundle - Fossicking Access to the Peel River by Clarky
[May 04, 2024, 10:19:48 PM]

New mast and quill assembly by Faceting Frank
[May 02, 2024, 03:20:57 PM]

Hi from Toongabbie, Sydney Australia by Jimnyjerry
[May 01, 2024, 10:30:40 PM]

Planning a trip to NT by tinker