LAPIDARY > Show us your latest finished product

Mosaics

(1/1)

fossickeract:
Okay now members here don't just fiddle with faceting/cabbing machines. I have spent some time with a precision saw cutting 3mm slabs from rocks found on fossicking trips to produce a palette for those of more artistic talent and patience than I. I have put a couple of photos of mosaics produced in my photo album for those interested. I will go back to fiddling with my faceting machine.  beers Ted

Faceting Frank:
Very impressive, reminds me of the carpentry pictures I made 40+ years ago.

MakkyBrown:
Awesome work, I really like these. I will have to have a go one day. Did you sand it all at the end to get it all level ?They'd be amongst the best lapidary works I've seen.
Thanks for sharing :) beers

fossickeract:
 Yes they do a final wet sanding using different silicon carbide grits on a large fast cast iron lap.  They then coat with an epoxy resin. Rock pieces stuck on a sheet of glass. Hope I've got that right.                                                     beers Ted 

MakkyBrown:
That's cool, so you could use them like a stain glass window. I was think they were larger than perhaps they are, sanding of a larger mosaic could be done with resin granite polishing pads on a orbital sander.
CheersMB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version