collapse

Linked Events

• Minerama: March 09, 2012 - March 11, 2012

Author Topic: Minerama  (Read 47714 times)

norm

• ALF'er Bronze Member
Re: Minerama
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 11:18:50 PM »
Thanks Jerry, page links on the web site are not active in my browser, your links work OK. 

Lord_Thunda

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2012, 12:05:57 AM »
It brings a tear to the eye getting messages of encouragement  :'(  As I said to someone the other day, I joined Minerama Committee because I didnt want it to die. I stress also, that this is not for monetary gain, but as my way of giving back to the community for making me so welcome from Day 1.

Leah,
I am hoping to get a list of landholders & personally see every one of them to be thier contact so any problems can be dealt with quickly. Obviously it will take a lot of work to find new/existing places but if land owners are properly compensated I cannot see any problems. Maybe an added piece onto the disclaimer sheet about noone entering any property after each trip has to be included.
If the shower problem can be worked out I cant see anything stopping greater numbers coming along.
The local community must be made to feel that it is their show as well & encouraged to participate even if that means just walking around seeing whats available for sale.
I will be asking if I can be the field trip organiser for next year so I can get as many sites as possible open.
The first aid problem is being fixed as  council is running  first aid classes this year so more ppl can be qualified.

There are a few small things needed to sort out but I will be doing everything I can to get back to the "Good Ol' Days".

Not sure if my list is complete but I found a site last nite listing 281 Lapidary clubs in Australia. If these were sent flyers advertising 2013 Minerama with field trips pending, there's no reason why numbers cant be increased & thus profits for everyone from tailgaters to the general population.

In reality, there's no reason why field trips couldn't be drafted in by March & finalized by May. So by June everything else could follow on including advertising. Obviously, during Minerama this year, any places anyone can think of that would be viable options for a field trip, can be penciled in & followed up on.   

I will be keeping you all informed as to what progress is being made & any solutions can be figured out.
Thank you all again for the kind words.  beers

Jimnyjerry

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
  • balts pingvins
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2012, 07:33:53 AM »
It brings a tear to the eye getting messages of encouragement  :'(  As I said to someone the other day, I joined Minerama Committee because I didnt want it to die. I stress also, that this is not for monetary gain, but as my way of giving back to the community for making me so welcome from Day 1.

Bob you need all the support you can get in your undertaking.  beers

The first aid problem is being fixed as council is running  first aid classes this year so more ppl can be qualified.
Will that include potential field trip leaders?
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Lord_Thunda

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2012, 12:48:39 PM »
Yes Jerry. The council is running a first aid course sometime  this year & I know of 4 new committee members who will be on it.

Having field trips in Torrington area would mean utilising leaders in Emmaville area who already are qualified & the same with Inverell area using  Inverell ppl. They already run trips in local gem festivals so that part is already set up.

dom105

• ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2012, 08:13:33 PM »
Hi guys
Lesley and I cant get there until Thursday afternoon due to work commitments, we are however not leaving until the following Tuesday.
Would definitely like to go to Scrubby Gully if someone can show us the way.
Claude

mehoose

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2012, 09:00:43 PM »
Now that just dusny make sense, thought I had the double dutch down pat.  :P
Keep em comin!!!

Capt. Mendoza

• ALF'er VIP
  • Arrg...Where's me buried treasure!
    • Jewellery Pirate
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2012, 12:15:29 AM »
Might be able to help you out getting to Scrubby Gully... Send a pm closer to your arrival...  Hopefully it won't be so wet as it has been of late here in Glen?!
8)  www.JewelleryPirate.com.au/blog - The Jewellery Pirate's fossicking adventures...

The Rock Hunter

• ALF'er VIP
  • Rock hunting and loveing it :)
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2012, 12:24:13 AM »
this page is bery long it took me allmost 1 hour to read ::)  just kidin ;D :D
hunting rocks

dom105

• ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2012, 06:23:28 PM »
Thanks Cap't
I hope the weather improves as well or I'm going to have a very unhappy little vegemite with me.
As it is, she thinks GI is a waste of time, as she likes pretty close to instant gratification and as we all know Saphires can be a little difficult to flush out. Hence I'm hoping to find her some Topaz.
Keep our fingers crossed.
By the way we are staying at the 'Fossickers' as per usual and should be there Thursday night
Claude

Capt. Mendoza

• ALF'er VIP
  • Arrg...Where's me buried treasure!
    • Jewellery Pirate
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2012, 05:30:25 PM »
Colourful bits of sapphire arnt hard to find, its the cutters that need a more regular appearance...   :P
8)  www.JewelleryPirate.com.au/blog - The Jewellery Pirate's fossicking adventures...

dom105

• ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2012, 07:59:50 PM »
Yes you are right there Cap't, I can honestly say that there has only been ONE (1) single time that I have found good cutters at GI and both Jerry and Paul were there. Now these might be fighting words, but unfortunately it has been my experience that women tend to forget anything that happened more than two years ago (not you of course Muddy), mind you, being there more than once a year as you have justly stated would also work wonders.
Claude

mehoose

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2012, 10:44:48 PM »
Grrr, well in my experience it's women who seem to have to remember important dates like, gee..birthdays, wedding dates, anniversaries, names of all past co workers(husband's of course), dates of when relocating somewhere new, how many years in one place, where something was placed.. let's face it all relevant and irrelevant answers to questions that arise. Need to be walking diaries in other words.  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Keep em comin!!!

The Rock Hunter

• ALF'er VIP
  • Rock hunting and loveing it :)
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2012, 10:52:20 PM »
ha ha ha you are funney  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :) :) :) :P :P :P :P 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D
hunting rocks

Wwoofa

• ALF'er VIP
    • Wwoofa
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2012, 04:20:54 AM »
Hey Claude, I wanna find me one of those wives that forgets everything after 2 years ... Where do you get them?  Could come in very useful ;0)

Jimnyjerry

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
  • balts pingvins
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2012, 07:50:12 AM »
Hey Claude, I wanna find me one of those wives that forgets everything after 2 years ... Where do you get them?  Could come in very useful ;0)

How do you make them forget?
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Recent Activities

Victorian Sapphires by Manficat
[Today at 06:50:09 PM]

Vale Woofa by MrSydney
[May 07, 2024, 10:12:47 AM]

Resin-bonded scissor-grinding lap by RoughCreations
[May 05, 2024, 04:52:12 PM]

Nundle - Fossicking Access to the Peel River by Clarky
[May 04, 2024, 10:19:48 PM]

New mast and quill assembly by Faceting Frank
[May 02, 2024, 03:20:57 PM]

Hi from Toongabbie, Sydney Australia by Jimnyjerry