General Category > Tell Us About Yourself

Trying to find value of Gemstone for my father

(1/3) > >>

loscarlett1:
Hi All.
 I'm trying to find out the value of a particular gemstone that belongs to my father. He lives in regional Australia so is some distance from any major city. He is also somewhat of a technophobe, hence he has tasked me in seeing if I can find out where (wether online or in person) would be the best place to get an idea of the value of this stone.I have looked online to see if I can find something similar but have had no luck. I have also looked at the option of signing up to Gemval for I think $40/month but am unsure if this is the best place seeing that its only one stone that he's concerned with. He's been a keen fossicker for about 25 years and this stone he found over a decade ago, It's his pride and joy, and while I expect he'll never part with it he'd like to have some idea of its worth. Thanks in advance.

Faceting Frank:
What is it? Not going to be easy to get an accurate evaluation.

loscarlett1:
Hi Faceting Frank, Its a Sapphire. the information I have is that is a Blue Trapedo Star?? 108 ct.

MakkyBrown:
Hello loscralet1,

Could you upload a photo, it may help others value your fathers stone.
Sounds like a great stone to be one day made into a pendant and kept as family heirloom :)
Cheers
MB

loscarlett1:
Hi MakkyBrown,
 He does occasionally set stones in jewellery for friends and family members, Im not sure if he will with this one but it will definitely be a family heirloom, He sent this photo through to me that he took with his phone, Don't know if it shows it in the best light.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version