General Category > Tell Us About Yourself

Hi from new member 👋🏼

(1/1)

LifeRocks:
Evening all. I’m Kai. 40odd. Retired. Ex RAN. Socially inept at times.

Passionate collector of knowledge and avid geology, minerals, fossils, gemstones and rocks enthusiast.

Looking to find likeminded people to learn more on these things and find remote spots (few hours from Adelaide) to fossick, camp and collect. I don’t leave home often and am at a time in my life I’d like to explore outback a little ⛰

Thanks for your time 👍🏼

Faceting Frank:
Hi LifeRocks and welcome to the forum. Can't remember what members live in your area, sure there will be some though.

Ghost:
Hi Liferocks,
Welcome to ALF.   Southern Rockhounds (South Australia's largest Lapidary Club) will have an Open Day/Gem Fair on the 1st weekend in November (6th and 7th) at The Log Cabin, Gerald Court, Christie Downs, SA.   An opportunity to view the club rooms and facilities, demos of club equipment, displays of member's work and various stalls.   Gold panning and fossicking for the kids, sausage sizzle and cakes for the adults.   Southern Seekers may also have a Metal Detecting display/demo as well.   Plenty of members will be present and may be able to assist with prospecting sites, campground information, etc.   I shall be present for most of Saturday, and my son will have a stall both days.   My personal interest is Faceting and Jonathan's is Silversmithing.   Hope to see you there.   Any club member can direct you to Jonathan or Jonathan's dad.
Regards,   Ghost.

Bucket:
Welcome to the forum Liferocks. I couldn't agree more with Ghost, the Southern Rockhounds are a great mob to catch up with, you should look them up. Murraylands Gem and Mineral Club, located at Palmer are also a fun mob and looked after me when I bumped into them will holidaying some years ago. There is plenty of information here, please feel free to ask away if you need help.

MrSydney:
Welcome!

There are threads here going back over a decade so use the search function for places, minerals etc and it will bring up a lot of interesting info.  There are some really experienced people here and while activity is limited if you post a good question you'll get good responses!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version