collapse

Author Topic: Two fossickers that give the rest a bad name.  (Read 2640 times)

Jimnyjerry

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
  • balts pingvins
Two fossickers that give the rest a bad name.
« on: March 14, 2018, 08:21:32 PM »
Billabong Blue is a Sapphire Fossicking Park and as such only the gemstones are to be taken when sieving the heap. So you dry sieve them then wet sieve and pick out the goodies.

Two South Australian fossickers took advantage of Bill's good nature and were allowed to take one bucket of dry sieved wash for their grand kids. Bill even gave then some stones for the bucket.

These two individuals proceeded to dry sieve only and during the day cart many buckets of dry sieving gravels to their van. When questioned they abused fossickers and cleared off when the pile of wash ran out about 1pm.

Sadly Bill did not get a chance to personally stop them as he had to go to town for some items to fix the truck's clutch.  From a comment by a camper these to 'gentlemen' did the same caper on another day as well with at least 10 buckets of dry sievings.  >:( >:(

Watch out for two older guys (one very beer bellied in a white van with the Southern Cross painted on the back as well as " South Australian Tourists". Rego XTV900.  2 guys not to be trusted. >:(

>:( >:( >:(

NB Bill's property when closed was also broken into last year (?) with the occupants of a green ute cleaning out the plant's jig of sapphires and then taking the fossickinhg heap.

Not good times.

:(
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

colza

• ALF'er Gold Member
  • My fossicking mate
Re: Two fossickers that give the rest a bad name.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 04:11:26 AM »
Aint it always the way with greedy people. No doubt they'll get theirs somewhere along the road.
Cheers,
colza
I dig it.

MrSydney

• ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 10:07:42 AM »
Never ceases to amaze me  how low some people will go!

Ranger Itchy

• ALF'er Gold Member
  • "A GOOD DAY IS WHEN YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING"
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 06:37:27 AM »
Hi Guys,

The last time I was at billabong blue, I was there for 2 wks and on the last day before I was going to leave the next morning Bill wondered into camp and had a cuppa with me, he also asked if I had done any good with his wash and I told him I'd found a few but nothing cuttable, his reply was I'll be back in the morning with a few cutters for you I don't like people to go away disappointed.
By that stage I was a bit home sick(a home cooked meal and a comfy bed) so I left that afternoon and went home, I could have stayed that night for the free cutters bill was going to give me in the morning but I wasn't that desperate for a freeby and home looked more appealing!! ::)

I'm going to Tingha on the 3/4/18 for 2 wks so I will probably drop in and say hello to bill(not to collect a freeby) and do some fossicking with friends I'm taking with me who have never been there before.

Cheers Ranger Itchy beers
A great man once said "NEVER APOLIGIZE IT'S A SIGN OF WEAKNESS"
I don't mind being weak occasionally!!!!

Bucket

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 09:27:19 AM »
Sounds like a decent bloke, shame these low lives have stolen from him. I think I'll have to go out there next rip through the area.
Common sense isn't exactly common

starsapphire78

• ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 08:12:18 PM »
Once again those who don't give a, stuff about. Our hobby make it hard  , for those who do , it all so , hurt's those . Who open up their places , to shiny hunter's

Recent Activities

Victorian Sapphires by Alaskan
[Today at 07:33:54 AM]

The Next Big Trip by yakapari
[May 21, 2024, 09:37:01 PM]

Tomahawk creek by MakkyBrown
[May 19, 2024, 11:49:07 AM]

Flinders Island 2024 by Jimnyjerry
[May 18, 2024, 06:53:36 PM]

Fitting a facet design to a piece of rough by Alaskan
[May 18, 2024, 11:10:32 AM]

Green tourmaline set in a cast 10Kt yellow gold ring by RoughCreations
[May 16, 2024, 01:27:37 PM]

How to figure platform height for the handpiece, while reading diagrams by Faceting Frank
[May 16, 2024, 10:41:17 AM]

Vale Woofa by MrSydney
[May 07, 2024, 10:12:47 AM]

Resin-bonded scissor-grinding lap by RoughCreations
[May 05, 2024, 04:52:12 PM]

Nundle - Fossicking Access to the Peel River by Clarky
[May 04, 2024, 10:19:48 PM]

New mast and quill assembly by Faceting Frank
[May 02, 2024, 03:20:57 PM]

Hi from Toongabbie, Sydney Australia by Jimnyjerry
[May 01, 2024, 10:30:40 PM]

Planning a trip to NT by tinker