collapse

Author Topic: World's Largest Gearloose Dealer!  (Read 7861 times)

Gearloose

• ALF'er Platinum
    • Gearloose.com
World's Largest Gearloose Dealer!
« on: February 03, 2013, 12:22:15 PM »
Congratulations to Aussie Sapphire!

Beginning in 2011, and all through 2012, Aussie Sapphire moves more Gearloose Goods than any other dealer, anywhere.

I just took my globe and a length of string, and see that Australia is as far away as one can get from me.  It has always been a challenge to get my products into Australia, and people have tried in the past, but became discouraged because of the duties, tarrifs, taxes, shipping and paperwork, and they could not make it work.
Aussie Sapphire had the know-how, experience, and patience for hard work to make it happen.

And it MATTERS.  Because Australia has tremendous natural mineral and gem resources.  People can go out and dig their own rough! I read about it here all the time, and get jealous.

Anyone making gemcutting supplies would be an idiot to ignore Australia. Aussie Sapphire made it happen!

Thanks and congratulations!

Jon

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
Re: World's Largest Gearloose Dealer!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 01:00:55 PM »
Thanks Jon,

One of the most important things in this particular one is that your products are easy to sell because they just WORK!!

We're proud of how Aussie Sapphire has grown - it has taken hard work but we've got plenty more in the tank to keep going. We look forward to bringing more of your goodies to the Aussie market - we know you keep coming up with good ideas  8)

ALF'ers should know that Gearloose is one of our favourite suppliers because we think on the same wavelength and it is easy to work together.  Looking forward to 2013 being bigger and better than ever!

cheers Andrew and Leah
Aussie Sapphire - The Lapidary Warehouse

scratchie

• ALF'er Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 01:27:08 PM »
Congratulations to Aussie Sapphire and Jon. The availability of Gearloose products locally is a great boon to Australian lapidarists.
John

Bluey Zarzoff

• ALF'er VIP
  • Experience you get - just after you needed it
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 07:03:47 PM »
Something else that impresses me is the fact that Jon is active in the forums here and helping ouit when he can.

Perhaps allowing a couple of links in his signature leading to his products at Aussie Sapphire will not hurt at all.
I started out with nothing
And still have most of it left.

-----------------------------------
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Klingon

• ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 07:34:28 PM »
Great service and products from you guys, keep up the good work !!! and yes its awseome to be able to see this great land and find some great stones amongst its beauty !!
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind :- Dr Seuss

Gearloose

• ALF'er Platinum
    • Gearloose.com
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 11:03:36 PM »
I see the sapphires you are bringing in from your weekend or holiday trips and get jealous.
America is a big place, but we have ONE location where you can find good sapphire, Yogo Gulch. And somebody has it locked up.  Then there's topaz, the quartzes, and for carvers and cabbers, the best crysoprase there is.
There is a new lap just out, the MATRIX™, that is raising hell with the sapphire cutters here so I guess that wil be the next thing to invade Oz.

Since the cutter who started the thread won an AGTA Award this year, it means something.
http://gemologyonline.com/Forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17447

scratchie

• ALF'er Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 11:33:01 AM »
re Matrix lap
I'm one of the many facetors who have despaired at mastering a ceramic lap so the info. re the Matrix lap have me very interested
John

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 12:32:05 PM »
stay tuned - we've got them on the way...

cheers
Leah

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 12:36:59 PM »
 Yes its certainly a case that most that have tried the old Ceramic Laps have had a Love hate relationship with them.
 Mostly hate from my experience.

Never Fear we have a few Matrix Laps already on there way and more coming in a few weeks ,these are so new Jon needs a few Days to catch up production.

Some information on Jons site hear:
http://www.gearloose.com/MATRIX.html

We also have a couple of Brand new Polish sticks on there way. A new aggressive Diastick in #2,500 Grit
 and a #600 Grit Very High Concentration WATER-SOLUBLE CUTTING Diastik.
Use on BATT, Zinc, Copper, etc laps with tiny amount of water. Eats quartzes through sapphire.
Care must be used to avoid contaminating prepolishing and polishing laps, of course.

Anyone who wants these they will be Hear soon and Listed later today.

Cheers Andrew

agemcutr

• ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 12:44:17 PM »
Hi Andrew,
We might be able to give you a run,where down here inTucson at the About Lapidary tent,Ive never seen this many BattS sinch I last walked thru Hyde Park.

Regards Anthony (agemcutr)

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 02:05:08 PM »
Hi Andrew,
We might be able to give you a run,where down here inTucson at the About Lapidary tent,Ive never seen this many BattS sinch I last walked thru Hyde Park.

We're not the ones claiming the title  ;D  although I know February is one of the busiest times of the year for Jon so I expect there are lots of Gearloose parcels being sent over to Tucson right now.

"World's Biggest" is from Jon's own sales figures - very happy to wear the crown but the info is straight from the horse's mouth.  I dont think we would be quite game to make that claim (world's biggest) without the numbers to back it up.

Have also just been informed that we are currently the largest (by a fair way) Lortone dealer in Australia.  So has been some hard work but we're happy with how Aussie Sapphire has grown - and we've got lots more planned.

I suppose the other thing is that we dont attend gem shows because we are too busy to spend the time travelling and working the stand at the shows.  Other businesses operate differently and put a lot of effort into shows and their set up can look very impressive at the event. 

I know that some businesses sell a heap of gear at shows and that is great. But we always felt it was frustrating for all of our other customers to be trying to call us when we werent there or waiting for parcels to be despatched until we got back from a weekend away.  We quickly decided that we were better to be back in the warehouse working, answering emails/phone calls, packing parcels and trying to keep on top of things. And when you're operating 24/7 all year round. it is surprising how much product you can get through in a year.

There is room for both approaches because it gives the customers more choice in how they purchase. I do know some dealers have stopped going to Tucson for much the same reasons as I have described above. So it gives the ones who ARE there a real chance to do some good business and good luck to them. Hope you do well.

cheers
Leah

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 03:34:56 PM »
Something else that impresses me is the fact that Jon is active in the forums here and helping ouit when he can.

Perhaps allowing a couple of links in his signature leading to his products at Aussie Sapphire will not hurt at all.

All are welcome to put relevant links in their signature - is not a problem but will leave Jon to manage his own signature rather than put something in that he may not want.

However, for reference of others:

Click here to find the Gearloose products on our website

and here to go direct to Jon's website:  http://www.gearloose.com/index.html

cheers
Leah

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 06:14:12 PM »
Hi Andrew,

Yes I hope sales go Great at Tucson , we have no concerns if other Dealers sell more then us as long as our customers are getting Great products and Backup Service and advice to have more fun Cutting. Jon will soon tell us if we Drop of the Top sales spot but while we are there may as well enjoy. ;)
  Been a Aussie if we do get Beaten it will probably just end in us trying harder :D.
 Go to it Tucson, I hope Gearloose products are the Biggest sellers there,they deserve to be as they are bloody Good and hey its not jus me saying it.    beers
 Cheers Andrew

Gearloose

• ALF'er Platinum
    • Gearloose.com
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 11:01:59 PM »
I'm one of the many facetors who have despaired at mastering a ceramic lap

Same here.  And what really got me mad is I'd use a ceramic lap all day in the metallography lab preparing specimens, then I'd get home and could not get one to work on a stone.  After a long time of trying I finally got results with the thing once in a while, with exactly the right amount of diamond, speed, and pressure, on some stones some of the time, when the Moon was in Taurus or something.
I finally took it to the local target Range.  Finally got some satisfaction out of it.

Gearloose

• ALF'er Platinum
    • Gearloose.com
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 11:05:14 PM »

WHAT???  The show has been open TWO DAYS and they still have some left???   
Looks like Andy's crown is intact.

Recent Activities

Places to find radioactive rocks? by Plutonium
[September 28, 2022, 07:27:58 PM]

Joke of the Day by pc bowe
[September 28, 2022, 12:00:32 AM]

Rocky creek Rd by mindfulmoments
[September 27, 2022, 05:02:37 PM]

Any experienced tumblers around Central Coast NSW by laanguy
[September 27, 2022, 04:14:12 PM]

Weekend Trip to Port Macquarie by laanguy
[September 25, 2022, 08:56:05 PM]

Bendigo and Surrounds Gemstone location's by HarknessHunter
[September 25, 2022, 11:04:56 AM]

Jellybean Junction - Stannifer - great to contact if going to the area by Wendy Purdie
[September 21, 2022, 10:25:08 AM]

Perth Gem shows Oct 2022. by chookie2
[September 21, 2022, 12:26:04 AM]

Naturally speaking, Opal, 'To potch or not to potch' by dom105
[September 16, 2022, 08:04:01 AM]

What do you think this is? by wallie
[September 15, 2022, 10:57:09 PM]

Bangkok cutters by dom105
[September 13, 2022, 07:19:02 PM]

Free Beginners' Faceting Designs Ebook by MakkyBrown
[September 12, 2022, 09:53:16 AM]

CQ Gemfields by tinker