collapse

Author Topic: Bizarre  (Read 8163 times)

DuckCreekDeb

• ALF'er Bronze Member
Bizarre
« on: September 20, 2013, 12:15:12 PM »
I have just tried to post a review of the SA66 cabbing arbor (complete) at AussieSapphire.  I am really not happy with the machine itself and feels everyone has the right to know why before making their own mind up.
However, as with most companies today, feedback is welcome, after it's reviewed to make sure it is positive and looks good.  What a waste of time.
I will no longer take notice of nor post reviews as honesty is not appreciated.
Bring back the Lortone BA66!

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
Re: Bizarre
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 01:00:50 PM »
Guess we cannot please everyone   ::)

Offered full refund or ways to fix the problems encountered. Apparently did not want to take either offer up so have left it at that.

We welcome all constructive feedback.

cheers
Leah
Aussie Sapphire - The Lapidary Warehouse

mick B

• ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 02:21:24 PM »
Just checked out the Arbor,  so whats the problem ?, more info required, my little dinosaur is not in the same class as that thing, I just use a sintered hard wheel and expanding drum with a lap on one end, I could build my own being a stainless fabricator - engineer, but not sure its worth the effort when they can be purchased cheap.

Bucket

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 04:57:46 PM »
I'm with Mick, if you believe there's a problem let us know what the actual problem is. While airing it through the forum is one thing, if there's also been an offer to conciliate the issue and that offer has been declined, what have you got to complain about, it sounds like the company has tried to remedy the problem.
Common sense isn't exactly common

brett h

• ALF'er Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 08:26:19 PM »
Yep, I own one of these and loved it and its footprint so much grabbed a second for my Father In-Law.  Neither of us have any complaints so I'd love you to share.  FWIW Aussie Saphire have always gone above and beyond which is why I shop fairly exclusively with them.  Sounds like they looked after this situation generously also, given they now have a used machine to flog off below price. 

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 08:08:20 AM »
Sounds like they looked after this situation generously also, given they now have a used machine to flog off below price. 

We certainly tried to resolve the situation but although we offered refund, customer actually decided to keep the machine. Obviously still unhappy but not sure what else we can do at this point.

cheers
Leah

brett h

• ALF'er Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 03:06:48 PM »
Really ??? Would love DCkD to share what the problem is... perhaps some nice forum folk could help!?

DuckCreekDeb

• ALF'er Bronze Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 09:56:56 AM »
I offered to sent a list of complaints but it wasn't taken up.
The first problem was on getting it out of the box. None of the under edges of the hood had been finished and cut me.  The list goes on from there. 

Quote "we sell hundreds of these each year so cannot really pinpoint why yours has caused this??: Unquote.
Really, I was under the impression this was a brand new model??

Quote "My feelings are that this machine is not what I expected, a Lortone like the first one we bought.  I honestly didn't realise it was a different brand until later.  The 2 blue Lortone BA66 units are still on the web page for the SA66, which is perhaps a little misleading.  Do you still sell the Lortone 6 wheel?
I have a lot of issues with the design, quality and finish with the SA66.  If you would like me to expound on that I am happy to, but it would only be to benefit you and your business.
I like the caps and you seem like a nice guy.
Let's call it quits, I got $10 to spend with you.   14.09.13.

No response to the offer to expound, hence no explanation.

Enough said.

Don't get me wrong people, I and my friend have spent a lot of money at Aussie Sapphire and been happy with everything, until now.
My argument being that you don't have Lortone pictures displayed next to a generic knock of, it implies you still ship the Lortone, which is what I wanted.
I can hardly send the thing back for a refund when we had to bastardize it to get it to go. 
I put it down to not being an astute enough buyer, my loss.  You buy one and let me know what you think.
Btw.  The Lortone BA66 we bought from Andrew last year has used to death and been dragged on a 4000km road trip, not a problem.

Taz

• ALF'er Gold Member
    • Australian Lapidary Club Directory
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 11:02:46 AM »
I have a lot of issues with the design, quality and finish with the SA66.  If you would like me to expound on that I am happy to, but it would only be to benefit you and your business.

I would suggest that providing details of the problems you experienced would benefit members of this forum far more than it would Andrew and Leah.  If anything it would be initially to their detriment should your problems dissuade anyone from buying the same model and could very well lead them to experience a financial loss.  Having observed Andrew and Leah's behaviour since the inception of this forum and how they run their business I have no doubt that they run that business with the highest ethical standards.  As of your last entry I am totally unconvinced that there was a valid problem and if I was in the market for a similar machine I would have no hesitation in purchasing knowing that Andrew and Leah would stand by their business reputation for fair dealing.

chookie2

• ALF'er VIP
  • Chookie to You.
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 03:22:52 PM »
The first problem was on getting it out of the box. None of the under edges of the hood had been finished and cut me.  The list goes on from there. 
   As a completely happy customer that sentence disturbs me,  because it really says nothing except you cut yourself on unpacking.
I cannot tell you how many cuts I have got from unpacking  things I sent myself from overseas or ordered online.. We need to know what this list is about so we can  both be informed customers and to ensure there is no other motive behind the complaint.
Had you contacted Andrew and Leah and said you made a mistake and thought you were buyong a Lortone...I am positive the problem would already be resolved. Refusing to allow Aussie Sapphire to fix it and then perpetuating the complaint seems a bit 'off' imho.
Happy Fossicking from Chookie

Geology Rocks, I really dig it.
My rocks are gneiss, don’t take them for granite.

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 07:34:04 AM »
Refund offer still stands.  Just seemed like you were very unhappy so further conversation was not helpful since you decided to keep machine.

On holidays this week (and was hoping for a relaxing week) but if you want to take offer up, contact us next week.

Hope all customers have a good experience shopping with us but unrealistic to think we get it right 100% of the time. But if things go wrong, we do ask for opportunity to make it right.

cheers
Leah

fishaholic5

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 08:44:18 AM »
I can't see any problem's with your service or willingness to discuss or resolve issues.
Enjoy your holiday beers

Cheers
Wal

Klingon

• ALF'er Platinum
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 06:24:34 PM »
I can't see any problem's with your service or willingness to discuss or resolve issues.
Enjoy your holiday beers

Cheers
Wal

Ditto !!!

PS I have the same machine and we have had no major problems at all !!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:28:34 PM by Klingon »
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind :- Dr Seuss

Recent Activities

Faceting machine head assembly. by Faceting Frank
[April 17, 2024, 12:26:26 PM]

New mast and quill assembly by Rusted
[April 17, 2024, 10:06:30 AM]

Save the Gemfields. by pc bowe
[April 17, 2024, 04:41:41 AM]

Victorian Copper Minerals by Manficat
[April 16, 2024, 03:44:27 PM]

Fitting a facet design to a piece of rough by RoughCreations
[April 10, 2024, 06:17:37 PM]

The illusion of cubes by RoughCreations