collapse

Linked Events

• Minerama - Glen Innes: March 06, 2014 - March 09, 2014

Author Topic: Minerama - Glen Innes  (Read 55201 times)

Lord_Thunda

• ALF'er VIP
Re: Minerama - Glen Innes
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2013, 08:12:42 PM »
I have called the committee & volunteered my services as trip leader for Pretty Valley & Lonewood & either trip on the Thursday too. I dont have a 1st Aid cert tho so any ALF members going on those trips with 1st Aid could you let me know & I'll pass the info to Sal.
For the cabbing demonstration, if either you Leah or Andrew can set up a cabbing machine in your workshop it would bring people there to see the great range you have.
As far as traders go, I'm fine with the local fruit & vege sellers having stalls but vacuum cleaners is way off the mark. To have international dealers as Lismore has would be a huge boost to visitors. I saw a guy there that was selling Lapis very cheaply.
I realise the expansion of Minerama will take time but I believe if it is added to slowly then once all the other shows stop, we can utilise that situation to our advantage.

Coyote

• ALF'er Bronze Member
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2013, 10:48:38 PM »
just found this post and thought ripper, I'm rostered off. Oh and then remembered I have booked a holiday in NZ with my wife.
What do you think she would say if I cancelled our trip? ::)
Guess I will be in NZ then......

CW

GLEN VIC

• ALF'er Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2013, 04:46:03 PM »
Thank you everyone for the great posts. Just finished the advertsing funding options this afternoon. Minerama looks like attracting Grant Funding of $7500 from DNSW. Ads will start to go to air early February with the Minerama Budget adding a further $7500. Some advertising has already been booked with Ads in Gold Gem and Treasure Year Book as well as Metal Stone and Glass.

The rest will be TV and Radio. OK now the advertising guroo's let me know what you think the 30sec TV ads should include to appeal to the right market....and secondly what regions should we be advertising in. For 2013 we broadcast TV and Radio in Toowoomba/Darling Downs, Far North Coast and Mid North Coast NSW as well as New England North West NSW. Radio was tried in Gold Coast and Ipswich (Blast into Brisbane). Gold Coast was far too expensive for the return.

Advertising in TV is great but just because a show like MKR might attract 2.5m viewers does not mean that that is the best time to advertise for Minerama. So are there any shows that you think are popular where you reckon will catch the attention???? Been suggested that we include Jewellery as a feature in the Ads....apparently, that guys, will attract the Minister of Finance to want to attend. Happy wife...happy life!!!

New Website will be up on Monday morning. If you try now or over the weekend it may be down due to the migration from existing Host to new Host.

I am away on leave from COB today to 6th January but will check posts and threads and respond etc. as appropriate.

To everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Safe Travelling.

"The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other."-- Burton Hillis

GLEN VIC

• ALF'er Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 10:38:28 AM »
Holiday time over and back to work. I can update that the Minerama Field Trips are all now on the system and ready to book. www.minerama.com.au.  Prices have remained the same as 2013. Get in early to ensure you get your favourite trip. For those who have not been out on a field trip before there are 9 trips over 3 days fossicking for sapphire, zircon, tourmaline, quartz, garnet, black spinel, topaz, cashetite, molybdonite, crystals, smoky quartz, beryl and tin.

Trips are self-drive and leave from 8.40am. Travel is in convoy with a guide. Please bring all necessary equipment (see minerama.com.au for WHAT YOU NEED) and personal requirements including water and sunscreen.

Jimnyjerry

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
  • balts pingvins
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 03:22:02 PM »
A description of the trips might help  :)

I know about cassiterite but not cashetite see trip 4  ;D

Also no mention if 4WD is needed

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 03:24:01 PM by Jimnyjerry »
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Wwoofa

• ALF'er VIP
    • Wwoofa
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 04:58:01 PM »
The website looks great .... congrats  beers

Findem

• ALF'er VIP
    • Blog
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2014, 05:38:02 PM »
Thanks for incorporating the blog and video info.
I was also wondering what cashetite is. It didn't occur to me that it might be cassiterite.  ;D

Lord_Thunda

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2014, 09:11:29 PM »
@ Glen Vic ...
I notice the field trips have been re-arranged again. Was there a specific reason Lonewood & Pretty Valley are both on the same day, Friday 7th March ? I volunteered to lead both of them as one was on Fri & the other Sat. I cant do both trips unless one is moved.

fossickeract

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2014, 11:56:44 PM »
 For att. of Glen Vic
         You raise a good point Lord Thunder as if these two trips have been changed to the same day it makes my booking and paying for them both last week a bit of a problem  :-\ and it may be an issue for others! Hope the change is a typo! :)

beers Ted
Life isn't a rehearsal.

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 08:09:46 AM »
Have you contacted them about this Bob?

I was emailing Peter T. about another matter and he advised there is no Minerama committee meeting this month and one of the council staff who assists was on leave for much of January but I presume you have direct email contact with other committee members?

Might be best to take this query direct to them rather than assume they will notice the issue here.

cheers
Leah
Aussie Sapphire - The Lapidary Warehouse

Lord_Thunda

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2014, 11:12:44 AM »
The major problem I just noticed is that the brochure sent out has Pretty Valley listed as being on Fri & Lonewood being on Sat. Trips 3 & 6 were swapped around on the web site. I have just called them & they are looking into it.

fossickeract

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2014, 11:31:36 AM »
 The obvious solution would be to run Pretty Valley twice as its the one been moved! No doubt someone smarter than me will work that one out.                         beers Ted
Life isn't a rehearsal.

Lord_Thunda

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2014, 11:57:07 AM »
Just spoke to Steve Woods & I suggested swapping 1 & 5. Depending on how many have booked, will determine whether this can be done. I am going out to check all the trips with Steve as he hasn't been to the sites before so will keep everyone informed as to developments.

fossickeract

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2014, 02:18:19 PM »
Ah appears to be fixed on Minerama web site thanks Bob.  beers Ted
Life isn't a rehearsal.

Lord_Thunda

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2014, 05:08:14 PM »
Cheers Ted  beers
May look at doing the Yarrow Ck trip on Sat.  ;)
Happy to help out & hope to find out more info about all trips.

Recent Activities

Hi from Toongabbie, Sydney Australia by As I in does tries!
[April 25, 2024, 03:37:25 PM]

Tomahawk creek by Scratcher
[April 23, 2024, 06:35:53 PM]

New mast and quill assembly by Faceting Frank
[April 22, 2024, 12:43:41 PM]

Resin-bonded scissor-grinding lap by RoughCreations
[April 21, 2024, 06:45:47 PM]

Garnet by pc bowe
[April 20, 2024, 01:56:47 AM]

Save the Gemfields. by pc bowe
[April 20, 2024, 01:46:57 AM]

Faceting machine head assembly. by Faceting Frank