collapse

Author Topic: New orders expected in soon!  (Read 7391 times)

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
New orders expected in soon!
« on: June 13, 2009, 05:37:27 PM »
Just a quick sneak preview of some new shipments we are expecting to arrive very soon...remember the tax bonus in case you need a nudge to buy that new gadget you've been yearning for  ;)

1.  a restock of some of the most popular lapidary and gem books - hopefully arriving in about a week.

2.  a new shipment of gem display cases/boxes, etc - ship has docked but will take around 1-2 weeks to clear customs and reach us.

3.  STOP PRESS... we are now a stocking dealer for GY-ROC tumblers and we  have a large shipment arriving in the next 2 weeks.  The Model B's are a really popular vibratory tumbler but we've got some exciting other items coming as well including the 2 larger sized tumblers.  This new range will be a great addition to our stock - these tumblers are tough and can be kept going for decades.  Stay tuned for more on this.

4.  Along with the latest Lortone order, we've got all your tumbling needs covered.

5.  A new Facetron faceting machine has just arrived along with some extra accessories and a new Gemmasta faceting machine should arrive in about a week.  If you've finally made the decision to buy a brand new machine, give us a call - we can send one out to you without delay (we dont believe in long waiting lists).

NOTE:  Make use of the 50% Tax Bonus for small business - if you have an ABN and pay tax, now is the time to invest in some new machinery for your workshop or studio. We supply a full Tax Invoice to claim this one off windfall from the Government.  Check your eligibility with your accountant.

Who said there was a global recession ??  We're still stocking up so we can provide the very best service possible.  Remember, your purchases help stimulate the economy  ;D

cheers
Andrew and Leah
Aussie Sapphire - The Lapidary Warehouse

moonshadow_dancer

• ALF'er VIP
  • Gems are like Rainbows...becoming rarer!!!
Re: New orders expected in soon!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 09:41:13 PM »
Hi Guys,

Sounds Great, its good to see that some are rejecting the Recession. I love the thing they have on channel 7's Sunrise about Reject the Recession.

Are you going to stock Gearlooses newest lap, can't remember the name but it sounds awesome, has both Batt and Darkside, looks like a real time saver. I would call it Datt or Barkside ;)

I didn't get a stimulus payment, I seem to have slipped between the crack as per usual. No matter as long as it helped preserve jobs.

Take Care,
Deb ;D
Ron and I have an Appointment to do some Laps ;) ;D

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 07:40:44 AM »
Are you going to stock Gearlooses newest lap, can't remember the name but it sounds awesome, has both Batt and Darkside, looks like a real time saver. I would call it Datt or Barkside ;)/color]

Yes - we hope to have these some time but unfortunately we had not long got a large order of Darksides in when the new "Darkwing" was announced - if we had known about it, we could have included a few but we'll need to sell out a few more of our existing stock before we could get a new order.  We need to get a largish order to make the freight work otherwise they work out too expensive each.

Andrew has seen the cutters in Thailand use a similar thing with a groove machined into their (very large) laps so they can do coarse on the outside and polish on the inside.  He thinks it is a good idea but you have to convince the cutters here to try it - a lot tend to stick with what has worked for them or what their teacher showed them.  The concept for saving time has a lot of merit so I'm sure the lap will be appreciated by those who try it.

cheers
Leah
Aussie Sapphire - The Lapidary Warehouse

Lawrence

• ALF'er Silver Member
    • Glitters Gemstones
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 09:05:07 AM »
He thinks it is a good idea but you have to convince the cutters here to try it - a lot tend to stick with what has worked for them or what their teacher showed them.  The concept for saving time has a lot of merit so I'm sure the lap will be appreciated by those who try it.

I have tried this, on a BATT, using the outside 1.5inches with 3k and the inside on  it is a really good way to get a stone out really really quickly, the finished standard is not quite as high, because there is some contamination issues, so you get a few smaller scratches on some facets, but if you want to cut 4 or 5 stones of commercial quality each day, it is an awesome way to go.
Glitters Gemstones - Premium Quality Rough and Cut Gemstones - New Stones Added 16th July 2012

Andrew

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 05:36:03 PM »

The method can and does work very well , its an idea to have a machined groove in the Batt at the change of grits so there is little risk of working the Dop to far into the #50,000 Diamond as other then not wiping the Gem thats the only way of getting contamination.
  The concept that the centrifugal force keeps the course away from the Fine works and who cares if some fine polish ends up on the outer course work area,it wont matter.
  Many scorn the practice but if the Gem is wiped properly between the outside #3,000 and the center Polish great results are possible and a heap quicker. 
 Cheers Andrew

Gearloose

• ALF'er Platinum
    • Gearloose.com
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »
Yes, care has to be used, but over here, the Redwing Lap I used to make gave us a base of ~800 experienced users, so it was a little easier to get people to try these Battwings.

The reviews are just starting to show up online.  Someone told me there were some beauts on the USFG list, but I do not follow that one.

The Redwings were a copper lap with a BATT center.  A commercial cutting factory in Dar es-Salaam bought forty of them for their tanzanite operation alone. But having both copper and tin prices go crazy ended that product.

To back up what Andy says, there are only two ways for me to get my products into Oz.

1: Use Flat Rate Air shipping, and make each shipment count by loading the boxes.  Surface shipping would mean everyone would die of old age by the time they got there.

So we have been able to do something to deal with the shipping to the other side of the world.
  We still have the Dollar exchange rates working against us, but, honest, we are trying our best to destroy our economy! Give us another year of these bailouts and the whole country will be having a Yard Sale.

2: Move there. I love a good party. (Images of learning the digeridoo on a vacuum cleaner pipe..)
 But, then I'd have trouble selling them here.  Can't win, I guess.
The World has gotten a lot smaller with the Internet, and every place is Next Door now.  If I could only find a way of stuffing my products through the fibre and coaxial cable!!!

Gearloose

• ALF'er Platinum
    • Gearloose.com
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 10:06:12 PM »
Yes - we hope to have these some time but unfortunately we had not long got a large order of Darksides in when the new "Darkwing" was announced - if we had known about it, we could have included a few but we'll need to sell out a few more of our existing stock before we could get a new order.

*I* didn't know about it when I sent the last order. It was one of those ideas where I suddenly woke up at 5 AM and said, "Holy S---t, why didn't I think of making the Redwing with Darkside??  I am going to run down to the shop and get busy!!"

It was probably simmering in the back of my mind because once in a while, people still ask about buying a Redwing, and I still get them in for resurfacing, which means people are still using them.

So come on everybody!  Buy out Andy's stock!   Save two economies! ;D

moonshadow_dancer

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 10:01:31 AM »
2: Move there. I love a good party. (Images of learning the digeridoo on a vacuum cleaner pipe..)
 But, then I'd have trouble selling them here.  Can't win, I guess.
The World has gotten a lot smaller with the Internet, and every place is Next Door now.  If I could only find a way of stuffing my products through the fibre and coaxial cable!!!
I can just see you over here with a Bundy rum or Guinness  sitting on a log next to a bonfire with a vacuum cleaner pipe in hand ripping out a few tunes ;)

Hopefully the stock sells out here so the Darkwings can make a grand entrance ;D

Take Care,
Deb beers

mehoose

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 11:58:28 AM »
Yes, and you'd have to bring the great Iggy and broaden his palette,
Crocodile steaks and roo stew, give the sardines a chance to recover.
Keep em comin!!!

moonshadow_dancer

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 12:27:42 PM »
Croc Steaks :o Now a got a tune going on in my head.

I remember when rock was young
Jon and Iggy had so much fun
Holding paws and cutting stones

Had an old golden beer and a place of their own
But the biggest kick they ever got
Was doing a dance called the crocodile rock
While the other mob were rocking round the block
We were hopping and bopping to the crocodile rock

beers

mehoose

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 12:32:37 PM »
And she's off :D
Keep em comin!!!

moonshadow_dancer

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 02:33:51 PM »
Watch me Iggy's feed, mate, watch me Iggy's feed
'Ey! He's a dangerous breed, mate, so watch me Iggy's feed

All together now - tie me Iggy down, sport, tie me Iggy down
Tie me Iggy down, sport, tie me Iggy down

And keep me Iggy cool, Curl, keep me Iggy cool
Ah, don't go actin' the fool, Curl, just keep me Iggy cool

All together now - tie me Iggy down, sport, tie me Iggy down
Tie me Iggy down, sport, tie me Iggy down

And take me Iggy back, Jack, take me Iggy back
He lives somewhere out on the track, Mac, so take me Iggy back

mehoose

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 02:39:37 PM »
 :o
Anyone here with medical experience, think Deb's on somethin ?;)
Keep em comin!!!

moonshadow_dancer

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 03:42:48 PM »
Umm oops, just hiding incase anyone turns up with a white coat :o

Gearloose

• ALF'er Platinum
    • Gearloose.com
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 10:49:17 PM »
I can just see you over here with a Bundy rum or Guinness  sitting on a log next to a bonfire with a vacuum cleaner pipe in hand ripping out a few tunes

Guiness, please.  That's it, I'm moving. Pass the hat for contributions, and if it amounts to enough, I will NOT bring the bagpipes. (Yes, I do. Not well, but who can tell? Mother's family came from Nova Scotia.)

Well, I hope I do not outlive Iggy, let we tanned his hide when he died, Clyde.
 OGod, tail and four legs. Blowpipe, chanter and three drones. Actually, he sounds like one when he's hungry, already.

LOOK AT WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!!

You are crazy, Moonshadow, but in my life, those are words of love.

Recent Activities

Armidale to Tenterfield by Bucket
[Today at 02:40:56 PM]

Recently cut gems (AB Facet Designs) by mehoose
[Today at 01:41:37 AM]

New mast and quill assembly by RoughCreations
[March 27, 2024, 08:46:05 AM]

Lapidary Industry Turmoil in the USA by tinker
[March 26, 2024, 02:48:04 PM]

Garnet by RoughCreations
[March 26, 2024, 11:13:38 AM]

Faceting machine head assembly. by Faceting Frank