collapse

Author Topic: Heading to the Harts Ranges  (Read 29600 times)

MrSydney

• ALF'er Platinum
Re: Heading to the Harts Ranges
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 01:55:18 PM »
Hi Gemster,

You provided an email address - not a link!  I'm keen to get one of those!

Gemster

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 03:17:15 PM »
Ops... it isn't a link... its an email address .... Email them your details and they will send you one... would be best to tell them what you want... New Fossicking NT USB...

I also noticed in the usb that there is a section on Old Station Well Area... that is now Closed...
   This has been raised with them and I expect an answer soon on this.... As this is marked on NT mines maps as FA10... a Public Fossicking Area that has been 'closed' by the Station Owner?... Mines were surprised when I mentioned this as they were Not Informed of this Closure...Stay tuned for more info... This is getting Very interesting.. :)

Gemster... beers
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 04:06:48 PM by Gemster »
I swing a 12-pound hammer,smash gibbers by the ton
I used to think it convict work,but now i think it's FUN

darttrev68

• ALF'er Gold Member
    • Curnamona Minerals
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2017, 06:49:10 PM »
Interesting that the NT government website still has information about Fossicking Area 10 - Old Station Well and they state:

"Note: Access to Fossicking Area (FA10) Old Station Well can be obtained by contacting Mt Riddock Station on (08) 8956 9720"

If rumour is correct, when you ring that number, be ready to expect a "No you cannot get access to that area" as your answer.

I will contact the station and confirm whether or not it is open to fossickers.
Cheers, from my little piece of the Australian Outback...
For mineral samples from the Broken Hill, Olary and Mount Painter districts checkout my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/curnamonaminerals

Gemster

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2017, 07:56:12 PM »
darttrev, I have just called Steve xxxx who is the Mt Riddock Station Owner... The number listed on the mines website is his Father who has handed over the Station to Steve xxxx
   Now the Bad News... Old Station Well is CLOSED... and will be FOREVER.. No amount of Persuasion will work as he informed me that every time 'Fossickers', 4WDers and Nature Lovers leave the gate open or cut his fences it costs him a hefty $20,000...
  His Cattle are segregated and to put them back in their right paddocks it costs... He also informed me that Mines NT are well aware of this Closure that has been in place for a few years now....  If you want to call the CORRECT number is 08 89569693.....

So all I can say is a Big THANK-YOU to the 'LOCAL 4WDers'(gee I wonder who they are) that have Stuffed this up for Every-one... Another Location Lost Forever by the Actions of a Limited Few...         F$#@$%G A%$#*&       >:(   Man I wish I could really tell ya how I feel about this one....

An Angry Gemster.... beers

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 09:12:35 PM by Gemster »

Crocket

• ALF'er Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2017, 08:45:02 PM »
Fossicking USB for NT.
This is the link to the web page, but as Gemster said, you just need to email them, requesting the Fossicking USB and provide your postal address.  I ordered one last night and was informed it was on the way this afternoon.

https://fossicking.nt.gov.au/

Gemster

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2017, 09:10:10 PM »
 :D G-day Mr Crocket. How's things.. :D.... It appears that they may even withdraw their USB' s    Until All This is Sorted out...
   As after Some Enquiries, this has opened a Large Can Of Worms, And the Worms Won't stop coming out of the Can... Mistake after Mistake has been made....Lol..  ::)
  Glad im not a Taxpayer in the NT... 8)

On Another note about the Sunstone Location on Mt Riddock Station, A Lease has been Granted to Gemtree... All With-out Mt Riddock Station's Knowledge.... No Consultation, No Nothing... He Is Not A Happy Fellow at the Moment...

Gemster... beers

MakkyBrown

• Administrator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Andrew Brown Faceting Designs
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2017, 09:26:09 PM »
darttrev, I have just called Steve xxxx who is the Mt Riddock Station Owner... The number listed on the mines website is his Father who has handed over the Station to Steve xxxx
   Now the Bad News... Old Station Well is CLOSED... and will be FOREVER.. No amount of Persuasion will work as he informed me that every time 'Fossickers', 4WDers and Nature Lovers leave the gate open or cut his fences it costs him a hefty $20,000...
  His Cattle are segregated and to put them back in their right paddocks it costs... He also informed me that Mines NT are well aware of this Closure that has been in place for a few years now....  If you want to call the CORRECT number is 08 89569693.....

So all I can say is a Big THANK-YOU to the 'LOCAL 4WDers'(gee I wonder who they are) that have Stuffed this up for Every-one... Another Location Lost Forever by the Actions of a Limited Few...         F$#@$%G A%$#*&       >:(   Man I wish I could really tell ya how I feel about this one....

An Angry Gemster.... beers
That's exactly what he told me two years ago(I think I post that below), he also said he was going to contact NT Mines about it. I think it's a case of government bureaucracy with no idea what's going on.

Gemster

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2017, 10:38:40 PM »
Yes MakkyBrown I agree with you on that one.... Poor Fellow, He is starting to Pull his Hair out... And Now with this Gemtree Stuff going on... We spoke for an Hour on the Stuff-ups The Mines Department has Done up that way... ::) ::)

Gemster.... beers

MakkyBrown

• Administrator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2017, 10:43:36 AM »
:D G-day Mr Crocket. How's things.. :D .... It appears that they may even withdraw their USB' s    Until All This is Sorted out...
   As after Some Enquiries, this has opened a Large Can Of Worms, And the Worms Won't stop coming out of the Can... Mistake after Mistake has been made....Lol..  ::)
  Glad im not a Taxpayer in the NT... 8)

On Another note about the Sunstone Location on Mt Riddock Station, A Lease has been Granted to Gemtree... All With-out Mt Riddock Station's Knowledge.... No Consultation, No Nothing... He Is Not A Happy Fellow at the Moment...

Gemster... beers
I thought(was told) it was Dazzling Gems the lease was granted to, that should have been a declared fossicking area imo if the NT mine had been on the ball.  Great spot my kids loved digging it with all the rainbow flecks, was the highlight of their trip.

Gemster

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2017, 08:16:00 PM »
 Where about is That Lease?   I have Asked about Dazzling Gems .. Should have something on that Tomorrow... ;)

Gemster... beers

darttrev68

• ALF'er Gold Member
    • Curnamona Minerals
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2017, 09:47:06 PM »
Is this the Kong Bore location with the rainbow lattice sunstone? Found by Sonny Mason (RIP) and about to be covered with a mining lease. These classic locations should not be allowed to be taken up by profiteers.
Cheers, from my little piece of the Australian Outback...
For mineral samples from the Broken Hill, Olary and Mount Painter districts checkout my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/curnamonaminerals

MakkyBrown

• Administrator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2017, 09:30:17 PM »
Is this the Kong Bore location with the rainbow lattice sunstone? Found by Sonny Mason (RIP) and about to be covered with a mining lease. These classic locations should not be allowed to be taken up by profiteers.
That's the one Trev, was quite an adventure getting there also went to the old rutile mine.  It would have made a great fossicking area. With strict restriction to stop the greedy out for pure profit. I've heard(through multiple hands, so might not be accurate) it is being marketed in the states.

Gemster

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2017, 10:22:11 AM »
 More than likely... Same with the Sceptres...
   The NT Mines really need to bring in what NSW did and Allow fossickers on to leased Areas..
 I have also heard that one of the Amethyst Sceptres areas is under Lease too, by a Well known Crystal Collector... ???

MakkyBrown, Would you take a Trailer into most/some of the Locations you went into?
 I know it's Rough Country, But we are looking at setting up Base Camp at say Entia Valley/Valley Bore area for a while then moving on to Somewhere else....  I really need to take a bit of Comfort for Mrs Gemster ::)

Gemster... beers
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 10:26:27 AM by Gemster »

MakkyBrown

• Administrator
  • ALF'er VIP
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2017, 10:55:03 PM »
Yes, most of it's ok. (around Gemtree/Mudtank/Garnets). Bit sandy in parts of the Entia Valley but your'll have your tyre pressures down for the corrugations on the highway so that should be ok( be a bugger to get bogged though  ::) , I wouldn't have dragged my caravan through some of it pretty soft).
It was a bit rutted out going up Mt Parmer, I may have been in low range for comfort not traction. Rusted might have dragged his camper trailer up there.  It's good on the eastern track into shaws, you could camp there and unhook. It get sandy in parts crossing the valley. The rivers didn't have any water and were sand based from memory.
Out the back of Kong Bore now under lease got pretty rugged, bonnet high scrub, on a very disused track.

Gemster

• ALF'er VIP
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2017, 04:46:54 PM »
Well that's put a smile on Mrs Gemster's face... Not too worried about getting Bogged as we will have at least one other 4x4 going and not afraid of a bit of Sideways Fun.. ;D....  Thanks MakkyBrown... ;)

Recent Activities

Planning a trip to NT by Pete49
[Today at 02:19:09 PM]

Hi from Toongabbie, Sydney Australia by Gemster
[April 29, 2024, 05:59:31 PM]

Tomahawk creek by Scratcher
[April 23, 2024, 06:35:53 PM]

New mast and quill assembly by Faceting Frank
[April 22, 2024, 12:43:41 PM]

Resin-bonded scissor-grinding lap by RoughCreations