General Category > Tell Us About Yourself

Hi everyone

(1/2) > >>

Faceting Frank:
Hi all, just want to introduce myself. I live near Bribie, just north of Brisbane.
Lapidary has been a hobby of mine for about 45 years, starting with the usual tumbling and cabbing and after a few year faceting. Been to the Qld central Sapphire fields a few time, biggest stone I ever cut from my finds was a 7x5 green emerald cut. Cut a lot of small ovals and rounds down to 3mm dia.
Now retired and having a lot more spare time on my hands I started cutting stones for competitions. I quickly learnt just how tough that is, but time being no object I kept it up.
Joined the Oz, US and UK guilds and entered their comps. I enjoy cutting stones for competitions and happy with the results.

Aussie Sapphire:
Welcome to the forum.

Cheers
Leah

Bucket:
Glad to see you here Faceting Frank, you'll find quite a number of members here are also in the Australian Facetors Guild, myself being one. Don't be afraid to ask questions, because there's one thing you'll get here is suggestions or direct answers.

sapphireminer:
Hi Faceting Frank welcome to the forum just sold up at the gemfields after 20 odd years gave up
 faceting a while back as the eyes went to shite into freeform cabbing now when time permits plenty of good info and smart people on here hope you enjoy . Dave 

MakkyBrown:
Welcome Frank :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version