collapse

Author Topic: Posting pictures as attachments - please DONT !!  (Read 3218 times)

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
Posting pictures as attachments - please DONT !!
« on: August 18, 2015, 08:00:25 AM »
Just received a warning message that the attachments folder is almost full again.

So it is time for my usual attempt to ask members to post pictures in the Gallery instead of as an attachment to your message.

I will do be doing a delete of the attachments folder in the next few days so if you want to move some of your photos over to the gallery, please try and do this soon or they will disappear from your message. Just to reiterate - photos posted as attachment risk being deleted at any time if I need the room so it is not a great idea.  Just use the gallery instead.

The attachments folder has a size limit - once that limit is reached, no more files can be added.

The Photo Gallery does NOT have a size limit plus there are lots of other advantages (photo comments and ratings, comment notification, free hosting to link to other sites, shows in random image box, can insert into your message as thumbnail, medium size or full size image, etc).  You can create your own folder to keep all of your photos together.

The process is not difficult - if anyone is having difficulty, just let me know and I can walk you through it.
Some instructions here:

http://aussielapidaryforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=4671.0

Thank you for your cooperation.

Leah (admin)

Aussie Sapphire - The Lapidary Warehouse

Aussie Sapphire

• Global Moderator
  • ALF'er VIP
    • Aussie Sapphire
Re: Posting pictures as attachments - please DONT !!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 08:19:13 AM »
Hi,

Due to some issues with some members having trouble viewing attachments and all the times I have requested that members use the Gallery instead, shortly we will be adjusting the settings to prevent image files being uploaded as attachments.  Will probably also do a bit of a prune of older files as well to free up some space.

Files with pdf and doc extensions will still be allowed to be attached to messages - these are not able to be easily added to the gallery and so will still be able to be attached.  So if you have a flyer for a gemshow in pdf format or something like that, feel free to attach them.

However, jpg files or other image formats will not be accepted - you MUST add them to the Gallery instead and add the thumbnail or medium size image to your message using the code provided.  You can use one of the public galleries or create your own Gallery so that all of your images can be grouped together.

The process is NOT difficult and we can help you if you need assistance.  Just message me and I can talk you through it.

There are lots of advantages to doing it this way - this new setting is just a bit more encouragement to steer you in the right direction  8)  - I hope you understand.

Cheers
Leah (admin)

Aussie Sapphire - The Lapidary Warehouse

Recent Activities

Planning a trip to NT by Pete49
[Today at 02:19:09 PM]

Hi from Toongabbie, Sydney Australia by Gemster
[April 29, 2024, 05:59:31 PM]

Tomahawk creek by Scratcher
[April 23, 2024, 06:35:53 PM]

New mast and quill assembly by Faceting Frank
[April 22, 2024, 12:43:41 PM]